Monday, May 16, 2011

Last blog....

It has come to my attention that several individuals, some of whom have been close friends and some of whom are family, believe my blog to be self-serving, dishonest and inappropriate.  Especially relative to Nicole and the reasons for our pending divorce.

I will therefore admit something that was known to many, but has not been publicly revealed, that Nicole is divorcing me because i had an affair.  I submitted her to public humiliation, given the public nature of our careers, and hurt her deeply.  My actions were made worse by the fact that she had done nothing but be supportive of me and my children.  She gave everything and i acted selfishly.

Consequently, i am ceasing production of this blog.  It's purpose was to be nothing more than an honest, open assessment of myself as i try to discover who i really am and what i want to become -- not professionally, but as a human being during a very difficult period of my life.  Apparently, i failed in that effort.

For those who have been supportive, i sincerely thank you.  For those who feel i have been disingenuous and hurtful, i am sorry.  Nicole, if this blog has in any way been destructive to you i publicly and without reservation apologize.

I hope my friends and family will forgive me.  I hope Nicole will forgive me.

It is now over.  I wish EVERYone peace....

Stay safe.

KWA

15 comments:

  1. Very disappointed to see you ceasing the blog, Ken. Your story is inspiring and courageous. I certainly wouldn't characterize what you've written here as selfish, and I sincerely hope you keep writing in one form or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. But selfish is selfish. Even if it's gift wrapped in a truck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you truly believe this, then let her go in peace. She deserves that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, #2 Anonymous. Let her go in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not touching Anonymous 7:44's comment with a ten foot pole. So much to say, but will leave it alone.

    Let her, and your girls, go in peace and rebuild. And believe in the words that you said in this post, and actually carry them out. Actions speak much louder than words. Otherwise, enjoy your gift-wrapped truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous 9:07. Amen. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly said, Anon 7:44. Ken, you have more courage than the commenters pissing on you 'anonymously'. Please know you still have great friends that are behind you no matter what mistakes you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the haters were so offended, then why were they reading it? Go hate someplace else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Let...your girls go in peace and rebuild", what a ridiculous thing to suggest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Posting comments anonymously on your own blog is really poor form.

    ReplyDelete
  11. KWA, you finally did the right thing: you admitted that you humiliated (and more) Nicole; you admitted, sort of, that your blog was a self-serving/soul-cleansing rant; you admitted that the kiddos are lost treasures; and you admitted that you are looking for help. I hope you find it. Peace to you. Not shy to let you know who says this: MR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ken--These bloodsucking judgmental cyber-bully A-holes are not your friends. Block them and move on. The rest of us enjoy seeing the country with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how do the girls feel about affair?

    ReplyDelete
  14. guess we'll know that he says he'll be baaaack. Kind of reminds me of Arnold...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey kwa-have enjoyed reading your blog. I understand the ending of it & apreciate the openess.

    ReplyDelete